Karate Specific Aerobic Test Software
Karate Aerobic Test Software
FOR ASSESSING THE AEROBIC FITNESS OF MARTIAL ARTS PRACTITIONERS
Here it is, we are proud to offer you our new Combat sports tool, the first comprehensive software for running the Karate Specific Aerobic Test (KSAT), and assessing the aerobic fitness of martial arts practitioners.
- IDEAL FOR MARTIAL ARTS COACHES WHO WANT TO MONITOR THE AEROBIC FITNESS OF THEIR ATHLETES
- USING THE VALID AND RELIABLE TEST (KSAT) APPLIED IN SPORTS SCIENCE RESEARCH
- IDEAL FOR APPLICATION IN SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
- APPLICABLE WITH EXCEL FOR FURTHER ANALYSES OF YOUR STUDENTS
- ACCURATELY SIMULATES THE ACTIONS USED IN COMPETITIVE KARATE
This is a demo of the Karate Aerobic Test Software. This free demo allows you to use all functions of the software but covers only a small part of the test. If you would like to use the fully activated version, you can purchase it below:
Purchase & Activation
TO USE THE FULLY ACTIVATED VERSION YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THIS SOFTWARE
Karate Aerobic Test Software
FOR TESTING MARTIAL ARTS PRACTITIONERS, AT THE PRICE OF £40
How to purchase and activate this software?
1. Download the demo of this software.
2. Install the demo software on the computer which you will be using (to make sure that everything runs smoothly).
The Karate Aerobic Test Software works only on a Windows operating system, and you should also check the minimum requirements for this software, which are described below. The demo allows you to use all functions of the software, but covers only a small part of the test.
3. Open it on your PC.
4. Click on the Registration button in the Settings section of the software.
5. Copy the UserID code of the software.
6. Paste the UserID code into the Your e-mail & Software's UserID box below (You must add your email as shown on the example below).
7. Click the Buy Now button and make your payment of £40.
After you make your payment
After making your payment, you will then receive an email with a RegKEY code within 24 hours. You have to paste the registration code on the RegKEY line in your software, and then simply press the registration button. After registration, the software will be fully activated and registered for the version you purchased, and on the computer where the software is installed only.
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 + .NET platform 3.5 or above
- CPU: 1GHz.
- Memory: 1 GB
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 600 pixels.
ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE
The Karate Aerobic Test Software was created to help martial arts coaches monitor training programmes directed towards improving specific aerobic performance. This software applies the Karate Specific Aerobic Test, which is a valid and reliable test that can be used for assessing the aerobic fitness of karatekas [1, 2, 3]. The software uses audio and visual signals, and calculates all parameters from the test protocol, such as the number of exercises, cycle, total exercise and duration of the test. Additionally, you can input and save other parameters to characterise the athlete tested, such as age, gender, height and weight. Furthermore, you can manually input the heart rate (if you decide to use a heart rate monitor) of the athlete at the end of the test. All of those results can be saved in a text file (.txt) or pasted in Excel spreadsheets.
About the Karate Specific Aerobic Test (KSAT)
The KSAT test was developed by Nunan  for the aerobic assessment of competitive karate practitioners in a pilot study in 2006. The test consists of one of the most used sequences in karate: straight punch and roundhouse kick combinations on a heavy punch bag with rest periods between the sequences. The time to complete one set (A - leading straight punch, B - rear leg roundhouse kick, C - rear straight punch, D - leading roundhouse kick) is set at 7 seconds. The progression in intensity during the Karate Specific Aerobic Test was actually based on the 20m beep test, and the aim is to progressively induce a maximal physiological response by reducing the recovery periods between exercise bouts . The test has an excellent absolute and relative reliabilities and it is suitable for the assessment of the aerobic fitness of karate practitioners .
1. Chaabene, H., Hachana, Y., Franchini, E., Mkaouer, B., Montassar, M., & Chamari, K. (2012). Reliability and construct validity of the karate-specific aerobic test. J Strength Cond Res, 26(12), 3454-3460. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e31824eddda
2. Tabben, M., Coquart, J., Chaabene, H., Franchini, E., Chamari, K., & Tourny, C. (2014). Validity and reliability of new karate-specific aerobic test for karatekas. Int J Sports Physiol Perform, 9(6), 953-958. doi: 10.1123/ijspp.2013-0465
3. Chaabene, H., Hachana, Y., Franchini, E., Tabben, M., Mkaouer, B., Negra, Y., . . . Chamari, K. (2015). Criterion Related Validity of Karate Specific Aerobic Test (KSAT). Asian J Sports Med, 6(3), e23807. doi: 10.5812/asjsm.23807
4. Nunan, D. (2006). Development of a sports specific aerobic capacity test for karate - a pilot study. J Sports Sci Med, 5(CSSI), 47-53.
HOW TO CITE:
STK-SPORT. (2022). Karate Specific Aerobic Test Software, https://www.stk-sport.co.uk/shop-karate-aerobic-test-software.html
© Karate Aerobic Test Software 2022