GET STRONG! THE SCIENCE OF STRENGTH TRAINING
Gymnastics Coach, United Kingdom
The Science of Strength Training
This is a new educational video on the principles of Bodyweight Strength Training in Gymnastics by coach Nathan. Check out his YouTube channel for more.
In this video you will learn about:
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 1:34 - What is 'strength' and how do we become stronger?
- 4:22 - 'Your body as an engine' analogy
- 5:42 - Hypertrophy in gymnastics
- 6:24 - Training zones (neural/growth/endurance)
- 7:57 - Reps and sets for efficient training
- 9:30 - Specificity and progression
- 9:59 - Rest periods for efficient training
- 10:57 - Reversibility, frequency of training and overtraining
- 11:57 - Nutrition and maintaining low body fat
- 12:43 - Weightlifting analogy - effects of total bodyweight on exercise difficulty